Tuesday, April 26, 2011

And I'm excited.

Wait, you're excited? More excited than usual? That's right! I am!

As planned, Gene and I made it to our ceremony venue for Easter services. And did we ever luck out - the interdenominational Protestant/Methodist service was fantastic! The Dean of the Chapel gave a wonderful sermon, the full choir was in attendance, there was a five-piece brass ensemble, and the organ! Wow. And the acoustics of the Chapel - which I first experienced as a singer in a choir - were still as amazing as ever. I was pleasantly surprised by the service and I also enjoyed the Dean, who may be the officiant who marries us (schedule yet to be determined, so we will see!) Needless to say, I am VERY EXCITED to be married here!!

After the service, I put on my planning hat (well, let's be honest, I never take OFF the planning hat. Always on the lookout for inspiration!) and Gene and I strolled the grounds to check out picture opportunities. I meant to bring my actual camera, but failed - so no pics. But on either side of the Chapel are these beautiful stone arches which I think will serve quite well for photos after the wedding!!

Also, the Charles River is a stone's throw from the Chapel - so we'll get pics with this as our background!





1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you liked it! that must be such a relief!

    ReplyDelete