Sunday, April 10, 2011

Introducing the Lovely Ladies...

I figured it was about time I start introducing some of the featured players at this wedding...besides Groomie Gene and myself! I am honored that my sister, Kathy, is serving as my maid of honor. I know I can trust Kathy to throw me an awesome bachelorette party, make me mimosas on the wedding day (and let's be honest, probably at every wedding related event prior to the big day), and of course, to keep me laughing and my sanity in check.

We are the CUTEST.

Bridesmaid Jenna has been a friend of mine for at least 17 years, and I can't imagine not having her by my side when I say "I do!" While Jen lives far, far away in Ohio, all it takes is one quick text message or email from her for me to feel as if she is standing right next to me. You'll know Jen as she'll be the one giggling (some day, we're taking our show on the road! Promise!).


So, not a picture with me in it, but still adorable!

Bridesmaid Ashlee made it not only made it through law school with me, she has volunteered to personally MAKE the butt bows for the wedding!! Yes, for the wedding. I envision butt bows on the bridal party, on wedding guests, you name it – BUTT BOW!! Ashlee is already hard at work.

Ha, no - no veil for you!!

And speaking of bridesmaids…and dresses…probably the most common question I've been asked is whether I've started dress shopping yet. No, I haven't - mainly because I am serious about losing a few more pounds before I start putting on dresses. I signed up for Weight Watchers online last December prior to going on vacation - boy, was that a dumb idea!! I did not have internet access so I was unable use any of the online tools, and I found food tracking difficult as I did a lot of snacking and we ate most meals out. When we came back in January, I was primed to lose some weight - which now included a few pounds gained on vacation. I had a good run until the winter blahs hit and I fell off the wagon for a bit. But I'm happy to report I'm back on and have lost 10 pounds since the beginning of the year. YAY! Knowing that dress shopping is imminent is definitely helping me to eat better and hit the gym. Along with this blog - hopefully it will also keep me on track!!

I have seen lots of dresses I like online and in magazines, so I think I have a sense of what type of dress I want - however, I've been dress shopping with friends in the past, and it is true - you never really know until you start putting on dresses! So I plan to go into the experience with an open mind - and I'm excited to lose some more weight and get started!! I'm also tempted to look at places like Kleinfeld's - I might have a slight addiction to wedding shows like Say Yes To The Dress. Plus, my sister conveniently lives in Manhattan!!

1 comment:

  1. As much as I'm not looking forward to wedding dress shopping...I'm addicted to Say Yes to the Dress.

    ReplyDelete