Thursday, April 21, 2011

Love is in the air

Things I am loving right now: ball gown dresses, the crocuses (crocusii?) blooming in our yard (too bad those aren't wedding flowers, they are the perfect color!), and the fact that SPRING! is here. I originally envisioned a fall wedding for myself, but once we figured out our budget (and our time frame - we got engaged in December 2010 and did not start planning until January 2011), we knew we had to push the wedding back to 2012. We just didn't want to wait until the fall, and I'm glad we didn't as I am so excited to be a spring bride!! Oh, and I also adore Style Me Pretty's Inspiration Boards. So fun! (and so easy!)

And how could I not love the Royal Wedding? I have memories of my grandmother watching the wedding of Charles and Diana, along with leafing through her commemorative book. Plus, Wills was such a cutie growing up (and remains so, in my opinion!) I may have coincidentally planned a trip to visit NYC on April 29...and am taking off work with the excuse of leaving town for the weekend. Yep, I'll be leaving town...after I watch the wedding!! Congrats in advance to the fab couple!

Things I am not loving: white flowers (your dress is white! get a splash of color in there!) and green flowers. Stems and leaves of flowers are green - NOT the flowers! Also, peacock feathers. Brides.com, I love you - but seriously. Peacock feathers are not happening for me. And while I think some fascinators are pretty, I'm not sure it's a style that I can pull off. Of course, it's easy to guess at what I'll like now, when I'm barely into the planning!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your inspiration board..the purples are so great and will be great for a May wedding. thanks for visiting my blog! I added you to my "Blogging Brides" page!

    ReplyDelete