Friday, May 6, 2011

The Revers-ary!

Yesterday was officially the one-year mark until the wedding! To celebrate (and practice celebrating our wedding anniversary?) we decided to go on our first date again (though that anniversary is actually October 5.  We have a bad track record of celebrating that date - one of us gets sick, we schedule a housewarming party, you name it!) Anyway...so onto the date!!
 
We went to Boston's North End, and headed to Villa Francesca for some yummy Italian food.  As we walked over to the North End through Boston, we laughed about some of the things we talked about on our first date - laughter was definitely the theme of date #1.  And probably what helped lead to date #2, #3, and so on!


 
After dinner, we walked all around the North End.  I remember on our first date, Gene pointed out some of the places he had lived growing up - my favorite (and most jealous) location had to be right over Bova's, the North End's 24-hour bakery.  I would love to wake up to the smell of freshly baked bread every day! (hint hint!)  In case you can't tell, I love playing the role of tourist in Boston!






Once we felt ready for dessert, we walked from the North End through the Boston Common over to Finale for dessert.  While Gene enjoyed coffee and Frangelico, I had myself an adult chocolate milk - complete with Bailey's and butterscotch schnapps.


 
And I ordered this monster for dessert:


 
I tried, but barely made a dent in these treats.  I even asked for a to-go box...which I LEFT on the table.  Sadly.  Next time, I think we're skipping dinner and heading straight for dessert!!
 
The best part of it being May 6? I can now say our wedding date without indicating the year!! And we're onto a countdown in months!! Yay!!