**Ok, the comments are back FOR REAL!! Just keep bearing with me as I continue to blunder through Blogger and its random defaults!!**
As we have officially signed contracts and put down our deposit, I am excited to announce that we have hired Scott Metzger to be our photographer! Scott was a recommendation from my friend Maggie, as he shot her wedding back in February. When I saw how beautiful her pictures had turned out, I knew I definitely wanted to meet with him! You can take a look at his website at http://gallery.metzgerstudios.com. He wowed us not only with fantastic pictures, but also with the most professional presentation of any of the 4 photographers we spoke with. I know that with 9 hours of coverage and a second shooter, we’re going to get some amazing photos!
I have to say that finding vendors by word of mouth is working out great for us! Who better to vouch for a photographer, florist or DJ than a friend? Plus, if you attended their wedding you can take a look at their flowers and see if you like their DJ! I'm totally psyched that we have at least 2 more weddings to attend before ours...
To recap, we have crossed off the following things:
- Ceremony site
- Reception site
- Selected our colors
- Hired our photographer
- Bought my wedding dress
- Bought my bridesmaids’ gifts
- Ordered and received our Save the Dates
- Completed my first DIY: Cake Cardbox
- Hire our florist
- Hire our DJ
- Pick out the bridesmaid dresses
- Pick out and order the invitations
- Music for the ceremony – do we want the organ? Other musicians?
- Transportation (for us and hotel guests)
- Food tastings (though I am looking forward to this!)
- Cake selection and tastings (again, can't WAIT for this!)
- Groom and groomsmen attire
- Hair and makeup
- And a whole bunch of other stuff on Scary Spreadsheet!