Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Big Reveal...

**Ok, the comments are back FOR REAL!! Just keep bearing with me as I continue to blunder through Blogger and its random defaults!!**

As we have officially signed contracts and put down our deposit, I am excited to announce that we have hired Scott Metzger to be our photographer! Scott was a recommendation from my friend Maggie, as he shot her wedding back in February.  When I saw how beautiful her pictures had turned out, I knew I definitely wanted to meet with him! You can take a look at his website at http://gallery.metzgerstudios.com.  He wowed us not only with fantastic pictures, but also with the most professional presentation of any of the 4 photographers we spoke with.  I know that with 9 hours of coverage and a second shooter, we’re going to get some amazing photos!

I have to say that finding vendors by word of mouth is working out great for us! Who better to vouch for a photographer, florist or DJ than a friend? Plus, if you attended their wedding you can take a look at their flowers and see if you like their DJ! I'm totally psyched that we have at least 2 more weddings to attend before ours...

To recap, we have crossed off the following things:
  • Ceremony site
  • Reception site
  • Selected our colors
  • Hired our photographer
  • Bought my wedding dress
  • Bought my bridesmaids’ gifts
  • Ordered and received our Save the Dates
  • Completed my first DIY: Cake Cardbox 
Soon to be completed (by Labor Day – I know that doesn’t seem soon, but I think this summer will fly by!):
  • Hire our florist
  • Hire our DJ
  • Pick out the bridesmaid dresses
  • Pick out and order the invitations 
Still need to think about and decide:
  • Music for the ceremony – do we want the organ? Other musicians?
  •  Transportation (for us and hotel guests)
  • Favors
Too far off to deal with at this point:
  • Food tastings (though I am looking forward to this!)
  • Cake selection and tastings (again, can't WAIT for this!)
  • Groom and groomsmen attire
  • Hair and makeup
  • And a whole bunch of other stuff on Scary Spreadsheet!
And as I was finishing up this post, I got a proposal from a prospective florist, and it's under budget! Yay!! And here's a pic that Bridesmaid Jen sent to be me today as we were discussing dresses...



Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!