Sunday, June 5, 2011

Dress success!!

So I may have found THE DRESS yesterday!!! We started out at Alfred Angelo, and had a fantastic time with a wonderful consultant (she was so good, in fact, that I'm planning on sending a thank you note.  Seriously, she was the best!).  I tried on 10 or 12 dresses, and had to put on all the Disney collection gowns just to get it out of my system:

The Cinderella gown, courtesy of Alfred Angelo

The Snow White, courtesy of Alfred Angelo

It may have been these two dresses (the Snow White has flowers appliqu├ęd all over the skirt, FYI) that made Ashlee and Kathy call for a moratorium on any sort of skirt with a netting overlay.  They were super fun to try on, though!!

I won't show any actual pictures of the dress I'm considering, but know that I've stared at the pictures of myself in it for the rest of the day yesterday!! I also discovered that there's no way I can pull off a white gown, as it completely washed me out.  Also, dropped waist styles don't work for me either!! I have nothing but praise for the Alfred Angelo boutique, as I could not have had a better experience for my first time ever trying on bridal gowns!

Now that David's Bridal store I also visited yesterday? Yeah, I have nothing nice or positive to say about that experience.  Other than they probably won't like what I had to say on the survey they emailed me today!! They were beyond awful and I wouldn't even recommend that friends go there to at least get a sense of what dress styles they like.  Just go to a store that actually would be happy to have you there, and happy to provide you with decent service!!

I am off to one more salon this next weekend with Ashlee (where she bought her dress) but if nothing strikes me like the Alfred Angelo dress did on Saturday...I might be buying that lovely!! While dress shopping is just as fun as I thought it would be, I would like to get my dress ordered and cross that off of my list - along with moving on to bridesmaids' dresses!!