Sunday, June 26, 2011

OMG, shoes!

Oh shoes.  How I love thee...


As my family can tell you, I am often one to prepare for things in advance.  They might even call me...well, let's just say it...a bit Type-A.  And it goes without saying that these same qualities apply to wedding planning!! So while I've bought my dress but still have oodles of time to pick my accessories, I'm all over picking out shoes!!

Product Image

Do I pick shoes that are ivory and will match my dress? Do I pick fun heels with foofy things on them, like these Calvins? Do I pick shoes that I can wear again? The only thing I do know is that I'm trying to keep my shoe budget down to $100 or less.

Product Image

I love these Badgleys with their rose color! But the price.  Boo.  And the heels! That's another thing - while I wear heels at work, I rarely venture into the over 3" category, simply because my feet are more used to flats and flip flops these days than heels! My number 1 requirement with my shoes is that they are comfortable.  I'm going to be wearing them for a long time, so I think I have to max out my heels at 3".  Which means a lot of these babies can't be serious contenders!! 
Product Image

If only my shoe budget were bigger, I'd definitely be going the Stuart route!! And if I liked slingbacks.  Sadly, the strap never stays where it should on my heel so I think I'm knocking those out of contention all together.  I don't really want to be falling out of my shoes all day!!
Product Image

The more I think about it, I have to admit - I love the idea of a splash of shoe color peeking out from under my dress.  

Product Image

Though I ordered these and received them already (thank you Zappos! Super fast shipping, FREE returns and 365 days to do it!), I think they will be going back as the fit around my toes doesn't quite seem to work.  Plus, I think I'd like to go the color route...more chance of re-wearing them, right?? 


2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely looking forward to the shoe shopping portion of wedding planning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bageley Mishkas in rose..but they are all gorgeous choices!! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete