Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Photographers and Florists, Oh My!

We've been BUSY!! We've officially spoken or met with 4 photographers now, and found this to be a pretty easy selection - we both agreed on who our favorite was, and it turns out that we can afford their services PLUS get an album, which is a big win for me.  Again, I can't stress enough on how expensive albums are and it just blows me away!! Anyway, I won't be revealing our photographer until we have a signed contract, but know that the decision is made and we are super excited!!

While this fella is mighty handsome, he will not be our photographer (he'll be busy playing the role of Groom!)

I think I was also surprised by the variety in "pitches" that we received.  Some were so professional, they answered all of my questions just by talking to us for 10 minutes (and answered questions I hadn't yet thought of!).  Others, not so much.  Let's just say if a photographer's presentation doesn't wow you, there's no way they're going to be able to instill any confidence in you that they'll be able to take beautiful pictures of your wedding!!

And florists - we're meeting with florists over the next few weeks, and I'm excited to see what they can do for us.  Squaring away the florist will be good, as these meetings are making us think about what our overall wedding will look like.  It's exciting to visualize!



Also, super crazy prepared bride that I am, I finished purchasing my bridesmaids' gifts!! Now I have to tuck them away for safekeeping for the next 339 days!! Let's just say I saw things that were perfect and too good a deal to pass up! (Sorry, no sneak peeks - the bridesmaids read the blog!) Speaking of Bridesmaids, I finally saw this movie this past weekend and LOVED it!! Hilarious.  Seriously, go see it!!