Friday, July 22, 2011

Times flies...when you're having fun?

I feel like a theme of this blog should be how time FLIES!! Can you believe we’re already past the middle of July? I sure can’t.  It’s especially crazy considering every time I go to type July lately, I type August instead! It’s like I’m a month ahead of myself.  Anyway.  Speaking of time, here’s a blast from the past:

My parents, almost 41 years ago! 





The bridesmaids! (Love their veils!)

This might be the last time my Dad danced...

My Dad spent quite a while scanning their wedding album onto the computer and I love that now we have the pictures digitally! Even if they are a bit faded.  Don't they look great? (And yes, they still do!)


So with August approaching, I figured it was a good time to check in with Scary Spreadsheet.  How are we doing?

July goals:
  • Research DJ’s.  Check! I’ve got recommendations from friends and I just need to send out some emails.
  • Get wedding website online.  Let’s just say this continues to be a work in progress.  The Groom has offered to handle this and he continues to tweak so we have a great website! This will be up by the time we mail the Save the Dates.
  • Start shopping for bridesmaid dresses.  I’ve pushed this back to August due to scheduling and some very busy weekends that are already full of non-wedding stuff!
 So not too bad for July! I think we’ll knock off the DJ and the website by early August.

Coming up in August:
  • Prepare the Save the Dates for mailing (really, just addressing them).  And then mail them!
  • Order invitations.  I might push this back too – I don’t think we NEED to order these until November or even December.
  • Finalize bridesmaid dress selection.  I am hoping that the dress shopping for the maids will be a one day even (“one and done!”)
  • Research music/musician options for the ceremony.  We’ve already discussed just going with the chapel organist for simplicity’s sake.  We’ll pin this down next month, hopefully.
  • Hire DJ. 
  • Start registering! (Now this will be EXCITING!!) I can’t lie, I’ve been looking forward to registering since we got engaged.  Playing with the scanning gun, picking out fun stuff from Crate & Barrel and Bed, Bath and Beyond – generally upgrading the cruddy pots and pans that I’ve used and abused for the past 10 years! Bring it on!
If you’re planning a wedding, how on schedule are you? Or, if you've already tied the knot, how did you manage to stay on track?

3 comments:

  1. 41 years wow!!! My parents just had their 37th! And your parents are so cute and young and look like they are so happy!! What great treasures to still have those pictures in your possession!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww your parents are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the old photos!

    I am an intern with a wedding video company called Storymix Media. We recently ran a contest on our Facebook with HUGE success, so we decided to do it again! Only this time it's especially for brides-to-be who are blogging wedding bliss! BUT we are limiting it to 30 bloggers so time is of the essence!

    If you're interested in learning about the contest (A Free Wedding Video and $250 gift card is the prize!) please email me at caitlin@storymixmedia.com.

    Sorry if this sounds spammy :(

    ReplyDelete