Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wedding TV

Even before I was engaged, I could easily waste an afternoon watching marathons of Bridezillas or David Tutera's My Fair Wedding.  I've also been a big fan on Say Yes to the Dress, so I was pretty happy to see that in the midst of summer reruns (it's gonna be a long summer, as we're only halfway through June!) there are new episodes of Bridezillas premiering!! YAY!! While I don't plan on being anything as crazy as those girls, I'm always entertained by the huge drama and freak outs experienced before cameras (as I'm SURE that the producers of these shows don't tell these ladies to make good TV...and amp up the drama).


I also have been watching a new series, Amsale Girls.  This follows sales consultants at the Amsale salon in NYC.  Some Amsale gowns include:

    

From what I can tell, these gowns range anywhere from $4000 to $40,000.  I cannot imagine spending that kind of money on a wedding dress, but the dresses are gorgeous and the girls on the show are very entertaining to watch.  And I love that Amsale herself has built her business from the ground up!

Another TLC show is Four Weddings, where they have 4 brides attend each other's weddings and rate them, and whoever's wedding rates the highest wins a honeymoon.  I love this show as it's the chance to scope out 4 different wedding styles in one hour!! It's always amazing to see how people's tastes differ and their thoughts on what makes it their dream wedding.  (Too bad they aren't casting in Boston, as it would be great if they would plan and pay for our honeymoon!) Of course, I'm also not sure I'd want to hear other brides critique my choices, on national TV...

3 comments:

  1. TLC is my favorite channel.Thank you for sharing nice article with us :)


    Nixon
    Wedding Decoration Ideas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't beleive that I never watch wedding TV. My boss is always talking about the shows and asking if I watch and I just don't have time!! Wish I did! I love amsale dresses!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love four weddings but I haven't seen any episodes on tlc lately. I mostly love it because the girls are so mean and critical about everything hahah

    ReplyDelete