People, it’s already September 12th! We’re almost HALFWAY through September. I don’t know about you, but it sure feels like this year has gone by even faster than usual, especially when measured in what’s done and not done on the wedding planning list!
Things we’ve recently accomplished:
- Confirmed our officiant! Yay! We’ll be hashing out the ceremony details about 6 months in advance.
- Finished up our registry at Bed, Bath & Beyond. Even though we’d already started our registry, apparently they never let you just go around the store with the registry gun, you have to have an associate with you. Ugh. But we went back to the same BB&B we had started at and even got to have the same associate help us, so that was a lot less painful than we would have thought. But I was ready to be DONE by the end of it!
- Cleaned up our other registries to make sure we avoid duplicates (though would it really be a bad thing to end up with two blenders? Couldn't one be solely devoted to smoothies, while the other is margaritas only?)
- Started working on our Must Play and Do Not Play lists. I read somewhere that at a 4 hour reception, something along the lines of 50 songs are actually played. I think we’re going to end up putting just as much thought into what we want to hear, as what we DON’T want to hear!
- The ladies will have all ordered their bridesmaid dresses by the end of the month.
- We’re confirmed that we’re going with the organist for our ceremony; we might add in a singer at some point, but are leaning towards just using the organ. It’s the perfect sound for a beautiful stone chapel!
- I’m also going to start researching hair and makeup options for the day of wedding – I’m leaning towards having the girls leave the hotel with me to get our hair done, as having the makeup and hair people come to us sounds expensive. We’ll see what ends up happening!
How is your planning coming along? Can you believe how time is flying by? :)