Tuesday, October 18, 2011

200 days to go!


Our wedding is only 200 days away! This means tomorrow, we're officially in the 100+ day countdown!! Woo! I can remember when we were well over a year away from the wedding, so it's exciting to feel like the wedding is just around the corner.  Well, around the corner and through winter.  DETAILS!! 
Speaking of details, a winter wedding would have been so fun! Two of my close friends have gotten married in the winter, and both weddings were gorgeous - and they had some great pictures with the snow! But considering how bad New England winters have been lately, and the fact that I would be heartbroken if my family couldn't fly out for the wedding due to bad weather - we chose May instead.
But here's a look at what could have been:


The snowmen cake toppers are definitely my favorite thing!!


Anyway, what am I most excited about doing over the next 200 days?
  • Booking our honeymoon! We've made a decision on where we're going...watch for an upcoming post! (I am SO excited!)
  • Meeting with the officiant and planning the ceremony.  Same for meeting with our organist and picking our musical selections.  It'll be exciting to see these pieces come together!
  • Booking hair and make-up for myself and the ladies.
  • Dressing the groom! He thinks he's going to go with a tux, but it'll be fun to pick out the details.
  • Picking out my somethings old, new, borrowed, and blue! I already have some ideas on this...stay tuned!
  • Choosing our food for cocktail hour, the reception, and doing some cake tastings! I've been looking forward to tastings since we booked everything!
  • Picking out and buying our rings! 
  • And, sending out invites! Although that's not as exciting as getting our RSVPs back!
Woo hoo.  I seriously can’t WAIT for our wedding day to get here!


2 comments:

  1. ahhhhhhhh I ABSOLUTELY love the little snow men!! I know a winter wedding looks fun...but bbrrrr...hahah

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looks pretty but May is def. the way to go (obviously the BEST month heehee)! Just WAIT till your at 99 days! AHH!

    ReplyDelete