Thursday, October 13, 2011

Short dresses

One trend I absolutely adore right now is short wedding dresses! I'll be wearing a long gown (that I fell in luuuuurve with upon trying on), but I really love some of the styles that are popular right now.


Large View of the Isadora Ann Bridal Gown

On this Maggie Sottero (style: Isadora Ann) I love the combination of lace and beading.  And the sweetheart neckline just MAKES this dress!!


I love the details of this dress from Anne Barge (style: Farrell), from the differentiated hemline to the bow at the waistline.

      

This Ramona Keveza is also lovely, with the satin belt offsetting the lace of the skirt.  If I ordered a one-shoulder dress, though, I'd be worried that I'd hate the one-shoulder look by the time my wedding finally rolls around!



I can especially appreciate this short dress by Elizabeth Fillmore, as it is an improvement on the longer version!

A cute offering from Alfred Angelo (style 2162).  Who knew you could do "pick-ups" on a short dress? Or at least I think those are what those are called (my Say Yes to the Dress knowledge is not as good as it used to be!)


Yeaaaah....I'm kind of partial to A-line dresses with big skirts! (though not so much to big feathery looking things on your head.  Unless you're SJP rocking a bird.)



Another Alfred Angelo dress - I love the details from the skirt to the bodice, complete with the satin around the waist.  So much to look at!


Would you or have you chosen a short dress for your wedding? Do you love or hate the trend?










2 comments:

  1. the first and the last dresses are definitely my fave. i agree that the short ones are SO cute (though i also picked a long one). would be fun to rock one out for a rehearsal dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I wanted a short dress from the beginning. *sighs* I tried on so many and just didn't feel like a bride getting married. I felt like a bride who was about to party. While they were all beautiful, they just didn't do it for me. The Justin Alexander 8465 made me feel like a giant cupcake. The short dresses at David's Bridal made me feel like I was at my after party. Alfred Angelo didn't have any tea lengths when I went to go look, but I love my dress now. Every dress I tried on after her was compared to her. So I am getting a short dress for our RD and day after wedding shoot.

    ReplyDelete