Monday, October 3, 2011

Wedding Free Weekend!


I spent last weekend in NYC visiting my sister/MOH and we had a BLAST!! We had a great time and we didn't do anything wedding-related, which was a nice change from the past 3 or 4 weekends that I’ve spent with her! I traveled via the lovely bus:



And we met up in time for dinner.  Some margaritas and yummy Mexican food later, we made our way to Grand Central station:

 The obligatory Grand Central photo op

and then headed back to the Upper East Side to drop off my weekend bag and to enjoy a drink or two at home.  We then headed out to the smallest bar I’ve ever been in (smaller than Boston’s Littlest Bar, I think!) and enjoyed some delicious craft beer.  And this was on the wall:

Deer heads and then paintings of pigs wearing hats AND antlers!


On Saturday, we started the day out right with pomegranate mimosas.  Yum!



After strolling through Chelsea Market, we then checked out the High Line, a park built on abandoned elevated railroad tracks. 




It was quite lovely – and one of the things I love about NYC! A great use of space and you even forget that you’re in a major city in some parts.  



We enjoyed walking quite a bit of the park, and then decided to head up to Rockefeller Center.  And that’s when the skies opened up and we got rained on! Yuck.  Baby Diet Coke and a caramel macaroon made it all better!




After drying out at home, we went back out for dinner and drinks, and settled in for the evening at the Ginger Man.  We had a number of different beers, but of course I had to try the house beer – the Ginger Beer! It was delicious.



We also had a view of the bar’s single TV where we cheered on the Tigers, though they lost to the Yankees (but came back to win yesterday! Go Tigers!).  It was a winning weekend for all of my teams, as the Detroit Lions and my beloved Michigan Wolverines remain undefeated!! Woo! On Sunday, we brunched and I caught the bus back to Boston.  All in all, a great weekend!


3 comments:

  1. ♪♫♪ new York... new york ♪♫♪ looks like you had a great time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NYC! It's great to take a break from wedding planning.
    I'm a new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like so much fun!! I still cannnoot believe that I haven't been to the highline yet...I'm in the city every day! I'll make my way over there one day.

    ReplyDelete