Thursday, November 3, 2011

Accessorizing the ladies

You might recall that my three ladies are wearing a gorgeous Bill Levkoff dress, which will be in plum:


As a bridesmaid veteran, I want to keep things as simple as possible for my bridesmaids, and I'm not too worried about everything being perfectly matching.  With the dresses being a rich, dark purple, I think silver shoes will go perfectly with the dress.  Some options I like:






Ha, wouldn't you know everything I liked was peeptoe? As my girls live in Massachusetts, Ohio, and New York, I'm going to let them each pick their own shoe as long as it is a heel of some type (I just don't think flats will work with the dress), and in silver.  Of course, looking at all those shoes started making me re-think my shoes:


But of course, right? I'll probably go back and forth on my shoes until my wedding dress comes in and I actually put them next to one another.  But since I have a custom hem coming, I'm guessing 4 inch heels won't work for my dress - which is a good thing, as they won't really work for my feet, either!

In addition to shoes, I've also been debating getting my girls matching jewelry for the wedding.  Since everyone will have their hair done (in a style of their choosing), I'm thinking it would contribute to the polished look for everyone to wear the same jewelry too.  Here's what I've been loving on Etsy lately:

Paisly Teardrop Dangle Earrings


Rose Necklace

Bridesmaid gift, Everyday Pearl Earrings, bridesmaid earrings, gift boxing included

Bridesmaid earrings Freshwater pearls Swarovski clear Ivory pearls Handmade Unique Wire wrapped Jewelry Wedding Bridal party gift Silver

Bridesmaid Necklace, Pearl Necklace - Bridal Jewelry, Wedding Jewelry - Swarovski Pearls in Sterling Silver - The Small White Vows Necklace

Bridal Chandelier Earrings -- Silver Filigree and Swarovski Crystal Rhinestone and Pearl Chandeliers -- GRAND ENTRANCE

I figure if I end up choosing jewelry, I'll either go with simpler earrings and a necklace, or more statement earrings like that last pair.  What do you think? How are you accessorizing your bridesmaids?





3 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! I think you're right...silver shoes with a dark plum dress will look awesome. And, don't rethink your shoes, I think they're beautiful! haha I know it's hard not to though. Great Etsy finds too. I love browsing through all the great handmade jewelry on there.

    Speaking of Etsy, I'm having a giveaway for a rustic-chic ring pillow that was made by a lady on Etsy. If you're interested, please check it out! Thanks :)

    http://www.blushingbrideblog.com/2011/11/giveaway-rustic-ring-pillow.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohhh hot dress...plum + silver=awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silver shoes will look perfect with the plum. I also told my gals to wear any silver shoes with a heel from their collection. And I have been having the hardest time figuring out the accessories for my gals, and I LOVE some of the ones that you posted, so I might be stealing some of your ideas!!!

    ReplyDelete