Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Hey Ombre!

Ombre has been all over the wedding blog-o-sphere lately, and it was this link on the Broke Ass Bride site that finally inspired me to post about the ombre trend! Unfamiliar with ombre?


I remember the term ombre originally from a hair coloring trend - see Drew's locks.

The idea is that the color fades from dark to light (or it's a cost-effective way to grow out your hair color and call it a trend!).  Generally, anything with color fading from dark to light, or light to dark, in approximately the same general color family, can be considered ombre.  Well, this trend has hit the wedding world full on!










I love the cakes, but it might be a bit much for a dress.  Would you dare to wear an ombre dress for your wedding? Or dress your bridesmaids in ombre? 



3 comments:

  1. I was never a huge fan of the color fade but some of those pics make it look gorgeous..the cakes and flowers, I love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would rock an ombre dress! You have to have a large amount of confidence and attitude to go non traditional!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I could do the dress, but I did love the cakes and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete