Sunday, November 20, 2011

The Longest Time



Take it away, Billy! 

As someone with a long engagement (16 months), I've been feeling rather antsy lately.  Maybe it’s the changing leaves (I work near the Boston Common, and it seems like EVERY tree in the park burst into bright orange, yellow or flaming red colors all at the same time) and the changing weather, but I am ready to be married now! I want to put on my dress (which I’m still waiting to receive), get glammed up, and celebrate with my nearest and dearest! Oh, and go on our honeymoon!! I am ready to do all this stuff NOW! 

I've had this feeling once or twice before, but it REALLY hit me today, that I am ready for marriage and ready to get this wedding show started! Sadly, I still have to wait another five and a half months.  And get through another New England winter, ugh!

It’s been great to have a long engagement so we can save money for the wedding, and so we don’t feel stressed about planning any of the details – we’ve had plenty of time to get things done on our schedule.  But at the same time, I kinda wish the wedding day were here already! I know a lot of brides are engaged for up to 2 years, and I don’t know how you do it! 

Did you have a long engagement? How did you cope when you had feelings like this?

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one, we will have a total 20 month engagement..it was too long and I am soooo ready for the day to get here...its been nice to have the time to plan and save but its been a roller coaster of excitement to stress, etc. etc.! Now I just want it to be here!

    ReplyDelete