Monday, January 16, 2012

There's always room for cake!

One of my favorite things at weddings has to be the CAKE! I love cake! So as you can imagine, I'm very excited to go do our cake tasting this weekend and select our cake design.  YUM!


yum!


And who knew that there were so many flavors available for wedding cake? From strawberry to raspberry to marble, to combinations of those flavors, to Mandarin orange to carrot to all kinds of chocolate, how could I NOT be excited? Though I am something of a cake traditionalist, in that I don't really care for the cakes with fruit fillings or layers (or would that make me a non-traditionalist? Discuss!).  The Groom understands this, though, so hopefully we'll be able to stick with some variations on chocolate and yellow cake (because who wouldn't love chocolate Bailey's Irish Cream mousse?!)


Pinned Image


While I love the style of these cakes, we'll be trying to stick with whatever design/decoration options are included with our package, as our cake is paid for by our reception venue.  However, here are some of the designs that we could have:


Pinned Image

Pinned Image

Pinned Image

As you can tell, I love the cakes that are mainly white but have interesting designs! The Groom may want some color, so we'll just have to wait until the tasting to see what we end up selecting.

And of course, I can't pass up the chance to show off some cakes I've enjoyed at past weddings!

My brother and his wife Lisa

My friends Melanie and Steve (the favor bears made it to the cake! LOVE!)

My friends Maggie and Paul

What's your favorite kind of wedding cake? 

2 comments:

  1. Favorite kind of cake? Yummy of course! I like interesting flavors. I'd love the Bailey's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW all gorgeous!! I too am a plain girl and love the white cakes with the simple designs. Very classic and elegant. We met with our cake vendor today to finalize details and I am soooo excited about it!

    ReplyDelete