Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Working it Out Wednesday!

I know, I know - I skipped Working It Out Wednesday last week! But I'm back this week, and happy to report that I have embarked upon Forty Days of Fitness! Yay! So what's that mean? It means exactly what it sounds like - for 40 straight days, I make sure I have at least 30 minutes of physical activity per day - it can be a visit to the gym, a long walk, you name it - as long as it's a good 30 minutes of cardio-type activities.

I read about the idea on another blog and I liked the alliteration (because I'm a nerd), and the idea of a goal that would carry me through a full month and then some.  Also, my bridal shower is in just over 40 days so that's a great benchmark for the wedding, which is about 8 weeks after that.  So in addition to my goal of working out each day, I'll also continue doing Weight Watchers along with incorporating some training for a 5k into my fitness plans.

And I plan on using my regular Working It Out Wednesday post to keep myself accountable! As Day 40 was last Sunday, Jan. 22, here we go:

Day 40 (Sunday): 60 minutes on the elliptical machine, and 15 minutes on the weight machines targeting the arms and back.

Day 39 (Monday): 30 minute walk at lunch; 45 minutes on the treadmill at the gym.

Day 38 (Tuesday): 35 minute walk at lunch; 10 minute arm workout at home.  (Seriously sore from Monday's running!)

Day 37 (Today, Wednesday): 45 minutes of cardio, split between the treadmill and the elliptical.


1 comment:

  1. This is a really great idea! I'm intrigued. . . fingers crossed that I can commit to it.

    ReplyDelete