Thursday, February 23, 2012

Working It Out Wednesday...oops, Thursday!

UGH...working out lately has definitely been a grind lately.  I feel like I'm dragging, even though I did get to a gym quite a lot this past week! The ol' scale reminded me the other day, though, that exercise is not enough - I also have to stick to healthy eating! So I'm committed to getting back on track this week, painful though it may be.  Goodbye Valentine's Day chocolate...


Not that I've ever really had anything against fruits and vegetables...they just don't taste like chocolate cake.  Which is really their loss, in my opinion! Anyway, let's get down to the point of this post, shall we? (I've lost count of the 40 days of fitness...let's just call it with just over 70 days until the wedding, every day I'm going to be shooting for some level of physical activity!)

Thursday: Hit the elliptical for 50 minutes.

Friday: Ran/walked on the treadmill for 45 minutes.  Treadmill won - this was a tough workout.

Saturday: Did the elliptical for 30 minutes, and then biked for 45 minutes.  I managed to do 10.5 miles on the bike, which might be a new record for me in that time frame!

Sunday: I walked outside for 40 minutes, and didn't even wear a coat.  Best February weather EVER.

Monday: Rest day.

Tuesday: I walked about 30 minutes at lunch, and then hit the treadmill at the gym for 45 minutes.

Wednesday: Rest day/did not schedule gym time as I should have!

So while I didn't see the results on the scale this week, I definitely see changes in my body - my legs and arms are looking more toned, and overall I have so much more energy than I did before.  Hopefully this will translate to more "get up and go!" for the gym.

How are you keeping on track with working out?

No comments:

Post a Comment