Friday, March 30, 2012

Here Comes the Bride!

As I mentioned earlier this week, we finally met up with our organist and chose our musical selections.  This was REALLY fun as he played our various options right on the organ!


 

We debated our options for a bit, but really the only thing we knew we didn't want was Pachelbel's Canon in D.  The Groom just does NOT like this song!!

 

Though we skipped Canon in D, we stayed pretty traditional with our musical selections.  This is mostly because the chapel only allows sacred music - so that helped narrow our choices! We will be seating our mothers to a selection of Handel's Water Music:


Followed by the processional for my bridesmaids and maid of honor...Bach's Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring:



And I'd already decided a while ago that I was using the traditional Wagner for my entrance:


And considering we don't have any music taking place during our service, all that was left was choosing a recessional - and again, can't go wrong with tradition (or Mendelssohn!):


Listening to the organ in the chapel made me realize that WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!!!! The next time we hear these songs on this organ, it'll be our WEDDING DAY!!! It's funny what moments make you realize that the wedding that you've spent so much time planning, is actually coming up fast!! I can't WAIT!!!

Are you staying traditional with your musical selections, or going the secular route?




2 comments:

  1. we stayed traditional with our music...I love what you picked!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Picking the music I think was one fo my fav part of planning our wedding! You did good job on your picks!

    ReplyDelete