The cards are lavender, while the envelopes are shiny silver!
I then got to work in Microsoft Word, playing with fonts, borders and formatting. After a bit of trial and error, I had a nice looking invitation, and the Groom approved. I then got to work with the envelopes, and of course, found a great font! That's when I discovered that the shiny paper envelopes were not especially printer-friendly - they would print our return address, but then jam up when printing the recipient's address. Off to Staples I went to get some clear address labels!!
Next up, I stamped that cute fork, knife and spoon onto each invite. I tried out silver ink in addition to black ink, but did not really care for the silver:
I much preferred black ink, and that's what I ended up using:
And here is a glimpse of the final product...with lots of things blurred out (sorry Internet!)
I drew a little map to show guests how to get from the hotel to the rehearsal, as I figure that's where most of us will be coming from with an hour window between the end of the rehearsal and the dinner starting. I really love how they turned out, though - and this project ended up costing me less than $25!! I'm definitely counting this as a win.