Friday, April 13, 2012

DIY: Rehearsal Dinner Invites

People, I've been on a roll lately! I decided to do our rehearsal dinner invitations myself, with the goal of being saving money.  I saw plenty of cute invites on Minted and Wedding Paper Divas, but at $1.50 or $2.00 per invitation, just could NOT justify the cost! I started out with a visit to my new favorite store, the Paper Source, and picked up a few things...


The cards are lavender, while the envelopes are shiny silver!

I then got to work in Microsoft Word, playing with fonts, borders and formatting.  After a bit of trial and error, I had a nice looking invitation, and the Groom approved.  I then got to work with the envelopes, and of course, found a great font! That's when I discovered that the shiny paper envelopes were not especially printer-friendly - they would print our return address, but then jam up when printing the recipient's address.  Off to Staples I went to get some clear address labels!!

Next up, I stamped that cute fork, knife and spoon onto each invite.  I tried out silver ink in addition to black ink, but did not really care for the silver:


I much preferred black ink, and that's what I ended up using:


And here is a glimpse of the final product...with lots of things blurred out (sorry Internet!)


I drew a little map to show guests how to get from the hotel to the rehearsal, as I figure that's where most of us will be coming from with an hour window between the end of the rehearsal and the dinner starting.  I really love how they turned out, though - and this project ended up costing me less than $25!! I'm definitely counting this as a win.

And I have to give two shout-outs to fellow blogging brides who inspired me to do these myself - Elvi at Life. Wedding. Nonsense and Tiffany at Bride-onicles of a Soon to Be Bride! Thanks, ladies!!

2 comments:

  1. Ohhh cute stamp..I tried looking for one...then I got lazy!! (haha) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH I love them, I love the silver wear stamp!

    ReplyDelete