Sunday, April 15, 2012

Mission 5k: ACCOMPLISHED!!

I ran the Boston Athletic Association 5k today...and it went pretty well!! Especially considering I essentially stopped training in the past two weeks due to lack of time and motivation! I also feel very lucky that the weather cooperated - the race began at 8 a.m., and it was probably somewhere in the 55-60 degree range.  It was definitely warm in the sun, but nothing like the 85+ degrees they are predicting for the Boston Marathon tomorrow! Ugh!


Before the race - you finish under the arch, on the Marathon Finish Line!


I'm ready to go!

This was the first race I ran in a while listening to my iPod, and I have to say I credit my music for getting me through some of the harder (read: hills!) parts of the run.  Also, while they limit the entries to 6,000 runners, the course felt REALLY crowded until almost mile 2.  I even ended up jogging up a hill that I intended to walk, because the crowd around me was so tight!

Action shot! Courtesy of the Groom.  
(Wow, I'm REALLY glad I'm getting highlights soon!)

My official time was 37:41, which means I was running approximately a 12:47 mile...which makes me happy! I know my original goal was to run the race in under 30, but with no training for 2 weeks? And the extent of my most recent training was running 2.6 miles in about 40 minutes? I'll take it!!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome job! We definitely have to run more 5k races together!

    ReplyDelete