Saturday, May 12, 2012

A Little DIY Before the Wedding

I might have made it seem like I was totally done with the DIY route...but I guess that's not entirely true.  The week before the wedding, we were down to the wire on making our guestbook! The Groom had previously dabbled in silk-screening designs on t-shirts, and he figured he could use the same process to silk-screen us a guestbook.  Instead of a t-shirt, though, he'd be putting our design on a canvas, so we could have guests sign messages around it, and then we could hang the finished product up on the wall!
Not the Groom.  I kind of forgot to take pictures of the process!
But, here is how our guestbook turned out...all ready for signatures!! I can't wait to show you the final product once everyone has signed!

 
Also, I decided to further complicate things for myself fancy up our placecards for guests.  Instead of just boring cards, like these:




I fancied things up with the help of a stamp and two ink colors! After printing all of the placecards using my new favorite font (font name here), I then folded and tore each of the perforated edges to separate out the cards.  With my trusty glass of SkinnyGirl Margarita (had to start getting into the Cinco de Mayo spirit!) by my side, I then stamped and let each placecard dry.  I love how they turned out!

 My workspace

Some of the detail

I thought the flourish added a nice touch to the place cards.  And it was also an exceptionally easy DIY! Did you find yourself DIYing all sorts of things right before the wedding? Or just making things more complicated for yourself? :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the special touch you put on the place card! :) Like you said, easy but still personalized.

    ReplyDelete