Monday, August 6, 2012

And...the birthday present!

I'll admit, I always have a hard time figuring out what to give my husband for gifts! He's a tech guy, but tends to just buy whatever new shiny toy catches his eye!! After racking my brain and joking that I was going to take him out on Codzilla....I decided, hey, why NOT take him out on Codzilla! What better thing to do on a hot summer afternoon??

What, you may be asking, is Codzilla?

Wave
This, my friends, is Codzilla.  A crazy speedboat that goes out near the Boston Harbor islands and does all sorts of crazy maneuvers! The first three rows of the boat has SEATBELTS!! 

Needless to say, Gene was thrilled!! What better way to celebrate a big birthday than scare yourself silly?

See how excited he is beforehand??

On the boat...awaiting our departure...

Of course...the best laid plans and all that! Wouldn't you know, the day we go out on Codzilla, it's 75 degrees and rainy.  UGH!

Course on a damp day, you don't really mind getting wet!

Part of the Boston skyline

We had a blast on the 40 minute ride! Our crew were a lot of fun, and they also play rock music while you're doing figure 8's and really sharp turns all around the harbor.  In addition to Codzilla, we also visited the New England Aquarium.  Gene had not yet had a chance to check out their shark and ray touch tank, and that was very fun!

Dive right in, the water's fine!


video
A fun little video.  Don't mind my squeals about the rays touching me! (They feel slimy!)

We also saw a Harbor Seal getting his teeth cleaned.


Gene's words: "yum!"

And we got some choice words from this sea lion, who sounded 
like a yelling teenage boy! He was so loud!

And no visit to the Aquarium is complete without checking out the penguins! Who were all enjoying a shower while we were there.


All in all, I think Gene had an excellent birthday celebration!!

1 comment:

  1. Oohhh what a great present! cute pictures too especially of the Codzilla haha

    ReplyDelete