Monday, October 8, 2012

Hooray for Three Day Weekends!

Hopefully you are lucky like me and you had today off in honor of Columbus Day! I do love when holidays fall on a Monday...it's always the worst day of the work week.  Anyway, here's an update on what we've been up to!

On Friday, October 5th, we celebrated our 5 year anniversary! We had dinner at the Melting Pot, and kept laughing about how we met at the Dugout...who would have guessed 5 years later, we'd be celebrating our 5 month anniversary of getting married??


Photo courtesy of Scott Metzger Photography

We've approved our wedding album layout and it is in production! I can't wait to see the finished product...and of course, receive our DVD of pictures!! Haha, yes, this is the millionth post about how I can't wait to do recaps!! You're all the best for bearing with me!!

I "decorated" for fall...as our house isn't that big and I really hate clutter (if I watch an episode of Hoarders, I then spend the next hour after watching cleaning the house and throwing things away!!), I kept our decorations outside.  Also, I discovered the world's largest spider and now I'm having nightmares about it coming inside our house (I'll spare you a picture, but let's just say it would SPLAT if you stepped on it!! *shudders some more*).


Yes, it's also a tiny pumpkin...but on occasion we have pumpkin smashing kids come through the neighborhood, and I figure this guy isn't worth their effort!


And I finally bought a bookcase for my office on our second floor...this will mean the books I've had stacked on the floor for THREE years will finally have a home! I also decided to stain it, and that's an ongoing project this week (pictures to come!).  It'll be so nice to finally have my office all put together!! (Just 3 years in the making...)

How was your weekend?

  

2 comments:

  1. Awww I love your cute little tiny pumpkin!! Can't wait for your wedding recaps! :)

    http://diaryofablondenewlywed.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had off on Monday too..LOVED IT! I got so much done around the house. Happy 5 year anniversary! We celebrated our 8th last week!

    ReplyDelete